TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re re: Teach and Learn Georgia
shawna - 2011-01-08
In response to re: Teach and Learn Georgia (The lawyer)

if you're going outside of tbilisi, i wouldn't know what to say. tbilisi is hard on attractive females that aren't very careful. if you have a greencard and are a westerner you will be seen as an opportunity from every angle. you're a walking green card, a financial opportunity, a potential lay, etc (an as it goes internationally, this will make it somewhat difficult to make female friends). making friends with your students, finding female friends to include you in on their circle of life...that's the way to do things. if you're already there, think carefully about male private students (you'll know when it's a rotten egg or a legit arrangement) and potential male employees. they might trick you into their little web and say 'oh well, live life like a georgian' after they've made it impossible for you. then you're kinda in over your head. i've had a student try to trick me into living in his nice vera apt (um, yes marriage) and was upset enough to complain to my bosses when i wouldn't have any of it. i only have 43827 similar examples, which i was fairly warned of by a certain owner of a certain company when i was on my ass, down and out, looking for employment. just had to emphasize this part of georgia as i don't need to promote the wonderful parts, but have a big heart for the gals roughin it there now. oh, and the american embassy will only help you with a ticket home, but you're shit out of luck if you need/expect more from them. yep, that's the way she works.:)

Messages In This Thread
re: Teach and Learn Georgia -- The lawyer -- 2011-01-03
Re re: Teach and Learn Georgia -- shawna -- 2011-01-08
Re re: Teach and Learn Georgia -- Dragonized -- 2011-01-09
Re re: Teach and Learn Georgia -- Live the day -- 2011-01-07
Re re: Teach and Learn Georgia -- Rowan Wells -- 2011-01-06
Re re: Teach and Learn Georgia -- Live the day -- 2011-01-07
Re re: Teach and Learn Georgia -- El Lawyer -- 2011-01-07
Re re: Teach and Learn Georgia -- El Lawyer -- 2011-01-07
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re re: Teach and Learn Georgia

Go to another board -