TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: FAOs and the system behind them
Observer - 2011-01-30
In response to Re: FAOs and the system behind them (Bullring)

I have some sympathy with your viewpoint. FAOs should concentrate on doing the business of filling vacancies. The notion that some FAOs may be on a 'power-trip' is just too ludicrous to contemplate. They are merely functionaries who have very little real power. True, they could make life difficult for the naive and unworldy-wise FTs who are dazed by the 'power', but it is illusory. All Chinese are shit-scared of the hierarchy and everyone has a laoban - even the university president. If FTs are qualified and experienced they can always vote with their feet and tell the twat to 'take a hike.' Micro-manage, Ha ha, I just don't believe it is within their capability. Although bloody-mindedness is perfectly feasible.

As for courtesy in replying to inquiries, some Chinese who have worked or studied abroad know the situation. Word-of-mouth works much better than money spent on recruitment and the feel-good factor depends on a fair response. All I would ask is that we consider that the facts are not always presented on forums and this works just the same for teachers as it does for recruiters, FAOs etc.

Interesting that the prime movers in this saga who regurgitated the story are rather quite - or are they?
Getting someone to agree with your viewpoint on this forum may be good for your psyche, but if you are still unemployed at the end of it what have you gained?

Messages In This Thread
Re: FAOs and the system behind them -- Bullring -- 2011-01-28
Re: FAOs and the system behind them -- Observer -- 2011-01-30
Re: FAOs and the system behind them -- Bullring -- 2011-01-30
Re: FAOs and the system behind them -- Observer -- 2011-01-31
Re: FAOs and the system behind them -- Bullring -- 2011-01-31
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: FAOs and the system behind them

Go to another board -