TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: FAOs and the system behind them
Bullring - 2011-01-31
In response to Re: FAOs and the system behind them (Observer)

Me, I generally pick fights I have a good chance of winning, or go somewhere else. Think big, act small -seems to work.

Observer I DO see what you are getting at. I am not sure I agree wholeheartedly however. Look at what people have had to do throughout history to gain rights, i.e. the civil rights movement in the US, Gandhi using peaceful protest against the Brits, and now young Egyptians rallying in the streets to remove a sycophant regime in their country. Passive protest can work, even on a mass scale. The problem is it's an unknown concept in China, where people are more concerned with being indifferent to and even screwing each other over...regime change, mei banfa, yuan is flowing in, just go with the flow, follow the herd and be sheeple?

OK, it doesn't relate to FAO's but if we all do nothing, and take no action or protest they will get away with it, whereas even if we do start small and work up, it's better than lying down like a dog...

Messages In This Thread
Re: FAOs and the system behind them -- Bullring -- 2011-01-28
Re: FAOs and the system behind them -- Observer -- 2011-01-30
Re: FAOs and the system behind them -- Bullring -- 2011-01-30
Re: FAOs and the system behind them -- Observer -- 2011-01-31
Re: FAOs and the system behind them -- Bullring -- 2011-01-31
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: FAOs and the system behind them

Go to another board -