TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › TESOL Course--What I SHOULD have done - ESL discussion
RhenoThai - 2005-04-28
In response to Hmmmmm.... - ESL discussion (Rheno Chinese)

I SHOULD have bypassed Thailand and gone originally to SK and saved not 100, but 1600 on TI's TESOL course by not taking it in the first place. I also would have gotten my airfare reimbursed by the same school. There are schools out there that don't require one to actually possess a TESOL--they provide TESOL training onsite for free if you don't have one. I don't know how plentiful they are, though. Based on where I stand now with one year of teaching under my belt, I think my TESOL course at TI was a rip-off. I used maybe 10% of what I learned at TI in my first year, plus I had to take a training course here on testing, as TI slights the topic of testing for some unknown reason. If you are taking a TESOL course and can't get it for free, find the absolute cheapest one out there that offers the 120 hours/6 hours combo. Heck, my school never checked if my TESOL was actually real. They never made even one phone call to TI to check my credentials. Yes, I could have gotten a fake TESOL cert made on Koh Sarn Road in Bangkok and been just fine (and 1600 USD richer).

RhenoThai

Messages In This Thread
My advice - ESL discussion -- RhenoThai -- 2005-04-27
Hmmmmm.... - ESL discussion -- Rheno Chinese -- 2005-04-27
TESOL Course--What I SHOULD have done - ESL discussion -- RhenoThai -- 2005-04-28
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › TESOL Course--What I SHOULD have done - ESL discussion

Go to another board -