TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard?
Silver Star - 2011-04-14

About a year ago I was teaching in the wilds of Sichuan during the 2nd semester of my two- semester contract when a foreign teacher arrived who had been part of the JET program in Japan, something of which he was proud to have been involved in. But he begged me after two days to help him pull a runner, which I reluctantly agreed to do, and did with minimal delay. Subsequently another Japanese import arrived as his replacement, but the school could hardly wait to shed him. I was told the students had complained about how unkind he was to them, and that he was unfriendly to the Chinese teachers too. He lasted exactly 7 weeks, until the end of the semester. Those FT's were both provided by a Chengdu recruiter. The latter import had seemingly earlier been let go by a college in another minor city of Sichuan after his month of probation in that post. I'd have thought that FT's who had worked in Japan would have been at home in the PRC, and would know how to keep on the right side of their students. Any comments on the above?

Messages In This Thread
Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? -- Silver Star -- 2011-04-14
Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? -- Bavarian biers -- 2011-04-15
Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? -- Silver Star -- 2011-04-15
Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? -- Bavarian bier -- 2011-04-16
Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? -- K R -- 2011-04-15
Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? -- Bavarian bier -- 2011-04-16
Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? -- Apollyon -- 2011-04-17
Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? -- Bavarian Bier -- 2011-04-18
Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? -- Apollyon -- 2011-04-18
Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? -- Owenz here -- 2011-04-19
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard?

Go to another board -