TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard?
Apollyon - 2011-04-17
In response to Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? (Bavarian bier)

I'm happy enough teaching in China. Better the devil you know!
Teaching in China is not the same as teaching in Japan, the Gulf, or the Eurozone...better to diversify than end up burnt out, stuck in a rut, or scared of change and stuck in China in your 40s...what doesn't kill you et al comes to mind, why be resistant to trying out new places, new methods...but that's just me?

"Every time we walk through an open door, we create a sense memory that encourages us to move into the new fearlessly!"

Silverboy is very wise, you should listen to him.

I have a friend, he's 68, a yank, he works in a gigantic university. He's always trying out new things and never moves from the campus(during term). His young studentesses are very kind to him and he helps them with their English in his free time. He even talks to his students on QQ and has a very direct approach " Come round and try my tasty pies and don't bring a friend" He likes to cook and bake and it wouldn't be unusual to visit him and find a sultry Miss, hands covered in flour getting cookery lessons. He does spend his long fully- paid holidays in Thailand where he lies under the tropical palms drinking cold lager(a flaw in his education) watching one of his students playing in the surf. I'd be scared to lose all that for hard-faced Germans who get all sensitive if you mention the war.

Messages In This Thread
Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? -- Silver Star -- 2011-04-14
Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? -- Bavarian biers -- 2011-04-15
Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? -- Silver Star -- 2011-04-15
Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? -- Bavarian bier -- 2011-04-16
Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? -- K R -- 2011-04-15
Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? -- Bavarian bier -- 2011-04-16
Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? -- Apollyon -- 2011-04-17
Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? -- Bavarian Bier -- 2011-04-18
Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? -- Apollyon -- 2011-04-18
Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? -- Owenz here -- 2011-04-19
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard?

Go to another board -