TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Here's one better, RC - ESL discussion
SiamSap - 2005-04-29
In response to Not only students - ESL discussion (Rheno Chinese)

I've got one better, RhenoChinese. I teach English (what the hell else what I teach?) in Thailand, and I have a Thai English teacher 'colleague' who's going for his master's degree. This guy should be going for his grade-school degree, actually. I know third-graders in the states who are better. And this guy is 40 and has been teaching English for 17 years. He once asked me if one places the definite article 'the' in front of plural proper nouns! No kiddin'! Anway, back to the issue of cheating. I had a run-in with him once when he asked me to help him make up some lessons for his classes, or at least that is what he told me he was using the material for. I found out later he wasn't using my portion for his classes here at all. He was really submitting my work to his grad advisor and passing it off AS HIS OWN. Nothing like being raped intellectually....except maybe being raped physically.

Messages In This Thread
I wonder about the advantages of working in Asia - ESL discussion -- ESL teacher living in Europe -- 2005-04-16
My views of teaching in Thailand - ESL discussion -- RhenoThai -- 2005-04-27
Good on ya', mate - ESL discussion -- Rheno Chinese -- 2005-04-27
Cheatin' Students in Asia - ESL discussion -- RhenoThai -- 2005-04-28
Not only students - ESL discussion -- Rheno Chinese -- 2005-04-28
Here's one better, RC - ESL discussion -- SiamSap -- 2005-04-29
That sucks - ESL discussion -- RhenoThai -- 2005-04-29
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Here's one better, RC - ESL discussion

Go to another board -