TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re pay raise
Apollyon - 2011-04-26
In response to Re pay raise (Bavaria Beer)

The salary issue has to be addessed for FTs because the inflation rate over the last 32 months, according to a business programme on CCTV, is at its highest this month.
Exactly! Get what you are worth...prices are going up in China, and not down. Therefore this we can only pay 5,500 a month is nonsense!!

I agree the salary should be addressed; however, I feel that the Chinese will just increase the numbers of second language English teachers which will keep all our wages low. In fact training centre wages have plummeted over the last few years; of course, the likes of "leaping" who will sell himself cheap working 30 hours for 7000 is largely to blame for that. His situation is probably worse-how far does the man have to commute between his flat and place of work? He's maybe putting in 40 hours. As soon as I close my flat door behind me is when I start work. When you are actually in the classroom is often the easiest part of the actual hours you work. Travelling to work is work.

Newbie teachers to China should try and establish how far they will have to travel to work, I've know ft's spend five hours a day (probably standing) on buses.

Messages In This Thread
Re pay raise -- Bavaria Beer -- 2011-04-26
Re pay raise -- Apollyon -- 2011-04-26
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re pay raise

Go to another board -