TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Stingy, self-serving GW foreigners in China!
Dark Star - 2011-06-12

I had lost my job at a training school because an attractive blonde wanted a second income!

In China, native speakers of English who are young, pretty blondes, or any foreign women for that mastter, are eagerly sought after by most Chinese employers to fill teaching vacancies. Some ruthless bosses will even remove a male foreign teacher in the middle of a semester as a matter of course to make way for a foreign woman whenever they get the chance of hiring one.
That was going to happen to an American FT up there in a small city of Heilongjiang. The lady to replace him was actually French and after a second income, and my colleague was all set to report her to the tax authorities after he was fired. But that never happened because it turned out 'Stephanie' was no lady, but a man! The Chinese boss didn't know that that forename can be used in France as a boy's name, which was the case in this situation.
It makes me see red when greedy foreigners take on two jobs without telling their initial sponsors, in order to make extra money, thus reducing the number of jobs available for their fellow foreigners. Filipinas are the worst when it comes to doing this. Whenever you see such a thing happening, you can report the foreigner either to the tax bureau or to immigration.

Messages In This Thread
Re Stingy, self-serving GW foreigners in China! -- 1664 -- 2011-06-11
Re Stingy, self-serving GW foreigners in China! -- elaborator -- 2011-06-11
Re Stingy, self-serving GW foreigners in China! -- foxy -- 2011-06-12
Re Stingy, self-serving GW foreigners in China! -- 1664 -- 2011-06-12
Re Stingy, self-serving GW foreigners in China! -- stevie -- 2011-06-11
Re Stingy, self-serving GW foreigners in China! -- Dark Star -- 2011-06-12
Re Stingy, self-serving GW foreigners in China! -- Callum -- 2011-06-12
Re Stingy, self-serving GW foreigners in China! -- San Migs -- 2011-06-12
Re Stingy, self-serving GW foreigners in China! -- Milagros Geneva -- 2011-06-12
Re Stingy, self-serving GW foreigners in China! -- Dark Star -- 2011-06-12
Re Stingy, self-serving GW foreigners in China! -- Milagros Geneva -- 2011-06-13
Re Stingy, self-serving GW foreigners in China! -- Oldtimer -- 2011-06-12
Re Stingy, self-serving GW foreigners in China! -- 1664 -- 2011-06-12
Re Stingy, self-serving GW foreigners in China! -- Callum -- 2011-06-12
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Stingy, self-serving GW foreigners in China!

Go to another board -