TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › re: a quandary about visas/dealing with chinese recruiters
San Migs - 2011-09-22

I know, recruiters are very bad, but this girl seemed dilligent and honest, so I gave her the benefit of the doubt.

Now I am having serious reservations however, I'm an old china hand, and so know what is bs and what is not. She sent this via email:

Please find attached Invitation Letter for you and go to the nearest Chinese embassy/consulate/visa office to apply for F visa. Please DO REMEMBER your purpose of going to China is to participate in education exchange activities NOT to be a teacher (as stated in the invitation letter) when you are applying an F visa in Chinese Embassy.It is very important.

And immediately warning lights were flashing!

I am always dubious of when a potential employer or school asks you to tell a lie (the position I am interested in IS as a middle school TEACHER in a second tier city!), not to mention the ice could all break under my feet, leaving me up shit creek without a paddle, while there is no risk on their part.

I am going to go with my gut on this, but still...can anyone else here see this as doable...or avoid like the plague?

Cheers and beers,
SM

Messages In This Thread
re: a quandary about visas/dealing with chinese recruiters -- San Migs -- 2011-09-22
Re: re: a quandary about visas/dealing with chinese recruiters -- Dragonized -- 2011-09-22
Re: re: a quandary about visas/dealing with chinese recruiters -- San Migs -- 2011-09-22
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › re: a quandary about visas/dealing with chinese recruiters

Go to another board -