TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Making new friends in China?
Juanisaac - 2011-09-25
In response to Making new friends in China? (John)

The advice you get here is true. Those Chinese that do approach just want something. The Chinese will use a foreigner, but to be genuine friends- forget it. I learned that lesson at my last place of employment. Beware also of accepting gifts or a dinner if you do not want to owe the Chinese person who gave it to you something. These can be English lessons, or in Silverboy's case "something" else.
However, some Chinese people might actually do want a genuine friendship. These are very few and far in between.

Wow, Chinese think we are pests in their country. But what about the millions that have emigrated to our Western countries? I guess they forget about that one. Today, I am reading several articles that businesses and countries have lessened their business ties with China because of their crookedness and arrogance.

In my case, I am friends with a family that let me stay at their farm and in their home all the time. They are very middle class so I know that in material things they can't get much from me, if anything. Yet they drag me along for so many things they do. I'm like a long lost cousin that came back. For example, when I returned to Nanjing a few weeks ago the whole family came to visit me: chilldren, parents, grandparents. That was really cool. Goodluck.

Messages In This Thread
Making new friends in China? -- John -- 2011-09-23
Re: Making new friends in China? -- Juanisaac -- 2011-09-25
Re: Making new friends in China? -- Eric -- 2011-09-24
Re: Making new friends in China? -- San Migs -- 2011-09-25
Re: Making new friends in China? -- Eric -- 2011-09-25
Re: Making new friends in China? -- San Migs -- 2011-09-26
Re: Making new friends in China? -- Eric -- 2011-09-26
Re: Making new friends in China? -- Dragonized -- 2011-09-26
Re: Making new friends in China? -- Dragonized -- 2011-09-25
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Making new friends in China?

Go to another board -