TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Is there such thing as a China Blacklist.
Raoul F. Duke - 2011-10-15
In response to Is there such thing as a China Blacklist. (Luke Hirst)

There is a blacklist among English schools, has been for a long time. However, it doesn't seem to have ever had much use, and seems confined to a pretty small group, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Turnoi is on the nosey. If you "pull a runner" and can't get a release letter, you will be back at square one regarding your residence permit...you'll have to start that process over again. And teaching in China without a residence permit is a really silly thing to do.

The fine he mentions IMHO mainly exists to give schools a justification for keeping whatever salary or benefits you may have accrued. I don't think many people have ever had to pay more, but it is certainly possible. This is one reason I generally advise people that if they run (and running should only be done as a last resort, but I recognize there are times when running is the only choice left...) then it's best to go to a different province, putting you out of the reach of most people. Shanghai is big, but not necessarily big enough for you to hide in.

Messages In This Thread
Is there such thing as a China Blacklist. -- Luke Hirst -- 2011-10-13
Re: Is there such thing as a China Blacklist. -- Raoul F. Duke -- 2011-10-15
Re: Is there such thing as a China Blacklist. -- San Migs -- 2011-10-15
Re: Is there such thing as a China Blacklist. -- Raoul F. Duke -- 2011-10-16
Re: Is there such thing as a China Blacklist. -- Raoul F. Duke -- 2011-10-17
Re: Is there such thing as a China Blacklist. -- San Migs -- 2011-10-16
Re: Is there such thing as a China Blacklist. -- Raoul F. Duke -- 2011-10-17
Re: Is there such thing as a China Blacklist. -- San Migs -- 2011-10-17
Re: Is there such thing as a China Blacklist. -- Raoul F. Duke -- 2011-10-18
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Is there such thing as a China Blacklist.

Go to another board -