TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Teachings jobs if you're of Asian descent
Contributor - 2011-12-17
In response to Teachings jobs if you're of Asian descent (twelveyearsafter)

I'm have worked in the corporate world for a few years before deciding to go abroad.

Are you sure that you're a native English speaker?

Only joking! We all make typos from time-to-time.

Among the foreign teachers at the university where I currently teach (I am not willing to publicly reveal the university’s name) is a woman from the Philippines.

Chongqing University of Arts and Sciences employed a woman from India (who graduated from a New Zealand university) and an American Korean (native English speaker; American dad, Korean mother). In the photo on the university’s (English) website - http://www.admissions.cn/cqwu/ , the Indian woman is wearing a red top and the American-Korean is wearing a green top.

Guangdong Industry and Technical College, in Guangzhou, employed a man from the Philippines.

Zunyi Medical College in Zhuhai employed an Asian-looking native English speaker.

So, yes, it is possible for a suitably qualified Asian-looking person to find a reasonable teaching job in China

If you’re applying for jobs through recruiters / agencies, I’d hazard a guess that the recruiters / agencies are not even passing on your application and C.V. to schools.

Try applying direct to schools and universities; regardless of whether they have advertised any positions.

Messages In This Thread
Teachings jobs if you're of Asian descent -- twelveyearsafter -- 2011-12-16
Re: Teachings jobs if you're of Asian descent -- Contributor -- 2011-12-17
Re: Teachings jobs if you're of Asian descent -- Dragonized -- 2011-12-17
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Teachings jobs if you're of Asian descent

Go to another board -