TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Anyone, corroboration or not? Are Africans from the mainland unwelcome in HK
Contributor - 2012-02-17

Hong Kong offers Kenyans, and many other nationalities, visa-free, 90 day entry permits.

Similarly, Thailand offers many other nationalities, visa-free, 30 day entry permits.

To put a stop to abuse of their visa-free entry system (long-term stayers simply crossing the Thai border, in and out, every 30 days), Thailand introduced a limit of 3 visa-free entries for any 6 month period. Visits with an actual visa were unaffected.

I suspect that Hong Kong has a similar system - a limit to the number of times a person can enter Hong Kong during a specified period, unless an actual visa has been obtained.

I further suspect that your predecessor had probably been visa-hopping for sometime; traveling from the mainland to Hong Kong every 30 / 60 days to get new L / F visas for China.

The reason I suspect such is because I've heard many, many reports that the authorities in Guangdong will not longer issue paperwork necessary for English Teacher job applicants to obtain a Z visa to anyone who is not from the US, the UK, Canada, Australia or New Zealand.

Messages In This Thread
Anyone, corroboration or not? Are Africans from the mainland unwelcome in HK -- Geordie -- 2012-02-16
Re: Anyone, corroboration or not? Are Africans from the mainland unwelcome in HK -- Contributor -- 2012-02-17
Re: Anyone, corroboration or not? Are Africans from the mainland unwelcome in HK -- San Migs -- 2012-02-18
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Anyone, corroboration or not? Are Africans from the mainland unwelcome in HK

Go to another board -