TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › China is a hard nut to crack!
Flexible Enough - 2012-02-28

China is a great country with many kind people and a unique culture so different from that of the West. Those of us who come here to teach should ask ourselves some serious questions before we take the plunge by boarding that long-haul jet. Are we like the pioneers of old? Can we fit in with Eastern culture? Can we turn a blind eye to the injustices that are so evident around us in the society here? Can we become two-faced whenever necessary to ensure our survival here? I feel that too many of us are misfits. Some will depart China forever for other continents, and will never get over the bad things that have happened to them here. Others will post never-ending strings of negative stuff regarding EFL here. Ignore their vitriol. It's a way for them to release their anger. Only come here if you can be flexible and wily. Otherwise you'll be like a cat on a hot tin roof. Misfits will turn out to be their own worst enemies in China, I've seen it happen! Be ready and willing to go with the flow here, or don't come in the first place. That's my message.

Messages In This Thread
China is a hard nut to crack! -- Flexible Enough -- 2012-02-28
Re: China is a hard nut to crack! -- Magister -- 2012-02-28
Re: China is a hard nut to crack! -- LieKiller -- 2012-02-28
Re: China is a hard nut to crack! -- Dragonized -- 2012-02-28
Re: China is a hard nut to crack! -- San Migs -- 2012-02-28
Re: China is a hard nut to crack! -- Magister -- 2012-02-29
Re: China is a hard nut to crack! -- San Migs -- 2012-02-28
Re: China is a hard nut to crack! -- asd -- 2012-02-28
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › China is a hard nut to crack!

Go to another board -