TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: I need an EFL job
foxy - 2012-04-18
In response to I need an EFL job (Sebastian)

There are public school jobs available in China's backwaters for you and other non-native speakers of English as well as old laowai of pensionable age who are native speakers. The agent I work for employs Africans and East Europeans too. What I like about working for him is that he's honest and provides me with a teaching assistant. She definitely makes my job easier and helps me with my daily life problems outside the classroom.
Wherever you end up, have a good time, and never ever take a job at a private school, especially not at a training centre/language mill set-up. Many newbies have been burned badly after they were enticed there by high salaries - either the high salaries were a fabrication, or the foreign teachers burned themselves out teaching far too many classes/week to get the big money!
Surf the web for Yuncheng jobs, but if you choose to apply to an agent in that area, make sure you do so direct, and not through a recruiter. Recruiters supplying Yuncheng's agents with foreign teachers will demand introduction fees from the agents. I think that would have a detrimental effect on your employment package, as the agent will recoup that expense by paying you less salary/month, or less air fare reimbursement when your contract's up!

Messages In This Thread
I need an EFL job -- Sebastian -- 2012-04-18
Re: I need an EFL job -- foxy -- 2012-04-18
Re: I need an EFL job -- juanisaac -- 2012-04-18
Re: I need an EFL job -- Faith -- 2012-04-18
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: I need an EFL job

Go to another board -