TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Robbery at a middle school in Sichuan
Ian - 2012-04-19

Hi guys. Just to let you know that , as expected, i have had no luck in recovering my stolen goods. A few days ago, the top policeman from the county i live in, came to the school and said that they were taking the matter very seriously, and that this is the first time this kind of thing had ever happened. Incredible, a bare faced lie, as i have now discovered that at least 3 teachers have been robbed in the block of flats which lie adjacent to the school campus, in recent months. So the real purpose of the visit was to tell me that China has no thieves at all, and that mine was highly unusual. They also told the FAO that they have noticed that i still haven't closed the sliding gates on my balcony, and that i am the only flat that hasn't closed them. Well, as i mentioned before, this is because i want to catch them trying again, given that i think its the only way i am going to catch them. They have assured me that i shouldn't worry about my safety as they are keeping a close eye on my flat. There's a phrase about a horse and bolting that springs to mind here. I still have no idea if the school are going to refund me as they haven't said anything to date.

One interesting point that arose, was the fact that they asked me if i knew the MAC number of my laptop. Now,i am no genius when it comes to computers , and so i had no idea what this was. Anyway, after checking online, i discovered that if i had known this MAC number ( also know as the physical address) then the police would have been able to pinpoint the exact location of my computer the next time someone went online with it. Is anyone else aware of this MAC number, as i certainly wasn't? However, rest assure, i will be taking note of this number on my future laptop. Sorry to go off topic now, but does anyone know if wordpress has been banned in China as i haven't been able to get on in days?

Cheers
Ian

Messages In This Thread
Robbery at a middle school in Sichuan -- ian riddell -- 2012-04-07
Re: Robbery at a middle school in Sichuan -- Ian -- 2012-04-09
Re: Robbery at a middle school in Sichuan -- Ian -- 2012-04-19
Re: Robbery at a middle school in Sichuan -- San Migs -- 2012-04-19
Re: Robbery at a middle school in Sichuan -- San Migs -- 2012-04-09
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Robbery at a middle school in Sichuan

Go to another board -