TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › ARE YOU ADVISING SOMEONE TO GET A FAKE PASSPORT? - ESL discussion
RhenoThai - 2005-06-01
In response to doesn't matter - ESL discussion (Mic)

I'm intrigued by this statement, Mic:

"get a passport from England, USA, Canada, NZ, or AU"

Mic, are you advising Lily to get a fake passport? I'm unclear on your advice to her.

I assume you are talking about her getting citizenship in a country like the US or Canada in order to get access to a REAL passport. In other words, doing it the legal way. That's the way Lily should go, I agree, if that is the case.

A word of warning to users of fake passports: You are risking a lot in this day and age if you use one.

Using a fake US passport is a major felony. The right-wing administration that is currently inhabiting the White House in D.C. has established stiff penalties for users of fakes, especially after 9/11.

I wouldn't advise anyone to use a fake passport EVER. THAT is a dangerous thing to try. We're talking a major fine and long prison time.

Don't do it.

Messages In This Thread
non native EFL-teacher? - ESL discussion -- lily -- 2005-05-31
doesn't matter - ESL discussion -- Mic -- 2005-06-01
Professor of English?..bored to sobs - ESL discussion -- Doc -- 2005-06-03
what's the difference... - ESL discussion -- Mic -- 2005-06-04
the difference.. - ESL discussion -- Doc -- 2005-06-18
ARE YOU ADVISING SOMEONE TO GET A FAKE PASSPORT? - ESL discussion -- RhenoThai -- 2005-06-01
well...no - ESL discussion -- Mic -- 2005-06-02
I'm glad you got the info from her....I didn't - ESL discussion -- RhenoThai -- 2005-06-03
no one ever said.... - ESL discussion -- Mic -- 2005-06-03
Tell me another one - ESL discussion -- RhenoThai -- 2005-06-04
How can i get this fake passport. - ESL discussion -- Jamila -- 2005-06-08
The "bar code" issue - ESL discussion -- Ferdinand -- 2005-06-28
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › ARE YOU ADVISING SOMEONE TO GET A FAKE PASSPORT? - ESL discussion

Go to another board -