TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › In and out of a jam in Yuncheng of Shanxi
Arnie - 2012-05-20

I'm African, and in China. I needed a teaching job fast, to get enough cash to renew my visa before it will expire. I'm in Shanxi, not a bad province as regards pollution, and the local people are friendly. I trained to here from Guangdong, where I was only getting 5 classes a week from my agent, Gloria. But the agent who enticed me here had no job for me, though she gave me a free room and free use of the company's office equipment to help me search for a job. As for cash, I'd only about 600 yuan left, and wase eating just rice every day.
A white guy I had run into gave me a list of recruiters he had used to get work. But not one responded - I guess the fact that I'm Kenyan put them off! Racist assholes. Anyways, I managed to get a job via a local agent, a Mr Rivers, a Chinese guy with excellent English. He is my savior, the headmaster of Yuncheng IELTS School, and my great thanks to Alec too for suggesting him to me.
I shall be county-bound by bus in a few hours from now with my t/a, a pleasant Chinese girl who also works for Mr Rivers. It looks like I'm out of a jam. Bye bye Yuncheng, hello county. Jail in China followed by deportation is no longer looming. And, thank the Lord I've got a decent teaching job!

Messages In This Thread
In and out of a jam in Yuncheng of Shanxi -- Arnie -- 2012-05-20
Re: In and out of a jam in Yuncheng of Shanxi -- monkey -- 2012-05-20
Re: In and out of a jam in Yuncheng of Shanxi -- The Observer -- 2012-05-20
Re: In and out of a jam in Yuncheng of Shanxi -- San Migs -- 2012-05-21
Re: In and out of a jam in Yuncheng of Shanxi -- Charlie dont surf -- 2012-05-20
Re: In and out of a jam in Yuncheng of Shanxi -- Celestine -- 2012-05-20
Re: In and out of a jam in Yuncheng of Shanxi -- Charlie dont surf -- 2012-05-20
Re: In and out of a jam in Yuncheng of Shanxi -- Alec -- 2012-05-20
Re: In and out of a jam in Yuncheng of Shanxi -- Charlie dont surf -- 2012-05-21
Re: In and out of a jam in Yuncheng of Shanxi -- Alec -- 2012-05-21
Re: In and out of a jam in Yuncheng of Shanxi -- Amihan -- 2012-05-20
Re: In and out of a jam in Yuncheng of Shanxi -- Charlie dont surf -- 2012-05-21
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › In and out of a jam in Yuncheng of Shanxi

Go to another board -