TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › I'm glad you got the info from her....I didn't - ESL discussion
RhenoThai - 2005-06-03
In response to well...no - ESL discussion (Mic)

In Lily's post, she made no indication of where she's from. At least I didn't get that info from her post. Maybe you did. Is she currently living in the US, CAN, NZ, UK, or AUS, or some other country? Again we don't know.

Many passports today have special codes at the bottom to help twart users of fakes. I'd be willing to bet that most western countries, especially those you mentioned in your original retort to Lily, have strict laws prohibiting the use of fakes.
I'm almost certain that if one tried to come into the US or leave the US using a 'fake' UK, NZ, or Australian passport and he was 'discovered', he'd be going to jail in a hurry.

I wouldn't use a fake from any of the countries you mentioned to go to ANY country that is an ally of the USA. If you want to go to China, Iran, Syria, Lybia,Venezeula, or North Korea on a fake US passport, do it up. I'm sure you'd be fine. Try to go to Japan on the same fake, and you're asking for big trouble.

Fake TESOL certificate, sure. Fake passport....no way. It's too risky and the penalties too stiff.

RT

Messages In This Thread
non native EFL-teacher? - ESL discussion -- lily -- 2005-05-31
doesn't matter - ESL discussion -- Mic -- 2005-06-01
Professor of English?..bored to sobs - ESL discussion -- Doc -- 2005-06-03
what's the difference... - ESL discussion -- Mic -- 2005-06-04
the difference.. - ESL discussion -- Doc -- 2005-06-18
ARE YOU ADVISING SOMEONE TO GET A FAKE PASSPORT? - ESL discussion -- RhenoThai -- 2005-06-01
well...no - ESL discussion -- Mic -- 2005-06-02
I'm glad you got the info from her....I didn't - ESL discussion -- RhenoThai -- 2005-06-03
no one ever said.... - ESL discussion -- Mic -- 2005-06-03
Tell me another one - ESL discussion -- RhenoThai -- 2005-06-04
How can i get this fake passport. - ESL discussion -- Jamila -- 2005-06-08
The "bar code" issue - ESL discussion -- Ferdinand -- 2005-06-28
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › I'm glad you got the info from her....I didn't - ESL discussion

Go to another board -