TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Warning to other teachers : BoAo TongWen International Culture Exchange Center
Terry - 2012-07-25

You sound like you know a thing or two about public schools in China, and I could certainly do with some advice. When I was working in China years ago now, apart from being seconded on a couple of occasions to a Middle School and a university( a day each,) I had it easy in nice pristine and friendly English Centres where I was used to earning from ten to fifteen thousand yuan. Unfortunately now I've been forced to slum it because of my age and a university was the only place which would employ me at 4200rmb. I start there at the beginning of September.

I have to say I am full of foreboding, after reading what the Clyde poster had to say about the stinking conditions in public schools(I had witnessed this myself on two occasions) and I've also heard that my fellow English teachers are likely to be very strange individuals indeed, who can cause one problems if they think your face doesn't fit. Even if they think you can teach too well and make them look bad. How much truth is there in what I've been told? I would appreciate your input. Many thanks in advance.

View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Warning to other teachers : BoAo TongWen International Culture Exchange Center

Go to another board -