TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: moral dilemma?
Clyde - 2012-07-28

Silverboy, you have penned some complete and utter drivel!

Romeo, I think you have answered your own questions: You are both adults, you are both in love by the sound of it, so you have the green light. The girl is not your your student, so please do not listen to anyone who tries to make you feel guilty, they should mind their own business.

In fact, I congratulate you: Congratulations for emotionally and sexually liberating a young Chinese woman ( I anticipate you will be consumating your relationship soon! ) Far too many young women in China are sexually oppressed, as well as teaching English, foreign men can also teach young Chinese women what real love and sex is all about.

Your young princess is going to experience something very special for the first time in her life: Something she would otherwise maybe/probably never experience.

Sex and intamacy is something young Chinese women require. It is an obligation of foreign men to help provide it IMO.

Just think of yourself as a liberator, that is exactly what you are!

You gotta' love Silverboy's mantra about "liberating young Chinese women" and teaching them "sex" in addition to "English". This is just delusional. I'd like to see a picture of such men, who think they provide such a valuable service. Somehow I think if we could see them, we'd get a laugh out of their claim to be God's sexual gift to China.

Anyway, moving on, Silverboy, like others in this thread hold onto semantics to try to justify taking advantage of a young student. He will say, "you are both adults" in order to make things sound equal, when there is a power difference and one person is a teacher (whether her teacher or not he has the same power, and I know this very well because I would not date someone elses' students, who actually look up to me as their own teacher after I've met them even once). You probably remember the whole Monica Lewinski oreal. On one hand everyone could say, "They were both adults." So why did it ever become an issue? Because there was a power difference. That is the critical issue these days, and why it is forbidden to date one's own students in the West, and increasingly it is forbidden to date any students.

When I was an assistant teacher while doing my graduate work the Dean of our department had a talk with us about dating undergraduates in our classes. The Dean forbid it. At the same time male teachers were being fired for relations with students. There does tend to be a trend, of the first sexual encounter with a student being more innocent in intent, but gradually the teacher becomes greedy and wants more and more sexual conquest of more and more students. Oh, I mean, "sexually liberating sexually oppressed students in the West," because, of course, these teachers all think with their experience and knowledge and techniques they are doing just what Silverboy thinks he's doing in China (to go by his own statements of sexually liberating Chinese women).

Basically, people like Silverboy (not saying HE's sleeping with students – I don't know about that – but is arguing for it), in an effort to find some angle to justify sleeping with students, end up living in a land of delusion because there's no rational justification. So, in the end, the Super Sex God will liberate the sexually-oppressed young Chinese girls! No, the jackass from overseas will take advantage of young girls, without conscience, just like any jackass would. Just like a jackass that would get fired for it in the West, and for good reason.

Messages In This Thread
Re: moral dilemma? -- Clyde -- 2012-07-28
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: moral dilemma?

Go to another board -