TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: moral dilemma?
Dragonized - 2012-07-29

Unfortunately from this thread we see how divided the expat community really is and how much tolerance they really have for one another after a disagreement, that is almost none at all. A good number of teachers, even most in certain situations will be working in a foreign country due to the lack of people skills they have from wherever they came from.

From the way I see it, if people really cared about the well being of chinese female students then the first group of people whom they should have the courage to attack and confront would be the Chinese Government Officials, Chinese Wealthy Merchants, and Chinese School Administrators that are high up on the educational ladder as these are the people who perpetrate, perpetuate, and enable this kind of dating discrepancy that leads to the types of controversy discussed here in the first place. The moral standards debated in this thread are not enforced in China, and the Chinese have themselves to blame for this.

Of course, no expat teacher in China would ever even THINK of becoming an equal age dating activist (for a lack of a better term) whether they are working in a pretend "school" or a real public school because they can not only lose their jobs but even have their own livelihood put in danger, so the tunnel vision shown by some of the posters only make the expat community look even worse than it already is. Going after and biting the heads off of one another is a behavior exhibited by content slaves. A good amount of animosity was built up without any Chinese ever getting involved in the first place. I feel like if I said anything more on this thread I would sound like a puppet with his string pullers half a globe away. Let's leave it at that.

Messages In This Thread
Re: moral dilemma? -- Dragonized -- 2012-07-29
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: moral dilemma?

Go to another board -