TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Thanks, Fakers--South Korea's new delays mean I'm losing $$$ because of you - ESL discussion
Ann-Toe-Knee - 2005-06-12

Hello. I'm teacher here in Thailand who just finished up a year-long, and I'm about to head to South Korea. I'm presently flopping in a hotel room waiting on my visa blue form to arrive so I can get out of here. I shouldn't be doing this. I should be up there already working.

But no.

Thanks to a few idiots who've tried to submit fake degrees to the immigration office in Pusan the last few weeks, I may now be waiting here an additional month.

Yes, South Korea discovered a major scam and sent the posers packing, which means I don't have to compete with a crew of fakers. I'm glad for this, as I worked hard for my real degree and would resent losing out on a great job to someone using a fake.

However, we innocent teachers seem to always get caught in the crossfire. This case is no exception. Thanks to the actions of a few morons, South Korea has just begun a crack-down on checking all teachers' credentials to eliminate fakes and fakers from their teaching ranks. This means extra time and thus waiting, waiting, waiting to receive the blue form. A process which took two weeks just one month ago may now take up to two MONTHS.

The extra wait may cost me hundreds in USD.

Thanks, fakers!

Ann-Toe-Knee

Messages In This Thread
Thanks, Fakers--South Korea's new delays mean I'm losing $$$ because of you - ESL discussion -- Ann-Toe-Knee -- 2005-06-12
I wouldn't feel resentment. I'd be INFURIATED - ESL discussion -- Elephant -- 2005-06-13
There's a better way for SK to do this - ESL discussion -- Howard Zinn, Historian -- 2005-06-13
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Thanks, Fakers--South Korea's new delays mean I'm losing $$$ because of you - ESL discussion

Go to another board -