TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Summation of the debate.
Clyde - 2012-08-03

they are run for profit, but that does not mean education and a positive learning environment cannot be maintained at one

Wrong again, and by saying that you show that you don't know what quality education. Quality education and running a REAL school for profit exclude each other like fire and water.
EF is a language mill, with its own crappy business model and corporate "philosophy". With EF, there is nothing about education at all - especially in China where they do not how to spell that word at all!

Turnoi, once again your argumentative skills astound, at least in how poor they are. By your logic no business could ever offer a sound product or service. Any restaurant that was "for profit" would serve inferior food. A business can make a profit AND offer good service, including teaching. In fact, if you put me in charge of most of these chain schools, they could be good places to work. The problem is that, particularly in places like China where capitalism is NEW and they have no value for workers, the bosses will stupidly sacrifice long term quality and reputation for short term minor profit. They will often run their business into the ground through stupid attempts to cheat employees and customers. On the other hand, a properly, intelligently, and benignly run school could turn a profit, gain a good reputation, and thus more enrollment and increased profits.

Your weird over-the-top generalizations about China not being able to spell "education" at all, coupled with your inability to make anything like a sound argument, show me a mind that's not fit to be in an educational institution. You might be OK, on the other hand, to teach basic English to young children, but you probably don't have the critical intelligence to teach at a university, even in China. If you have already, as I assume you and countless jokers have, I pity your students.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Summation of the debate. -- Clyde -- 2012-08-03
Re: Summation of the debate. -- San Migs -- 2012-08-03
Re: Summation of the debate. -- Magister -- 2012-08-03
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Summation of the debate.

Go to another board -