TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: moral dilemma?
Clyde - 2012-08-03

Clyde, I assume you haven't seen the post where I said that I told all of my students that they should marry because they love somebody, not for what car they drive, or what house they can buy.... And was promptly told that I shouldn't be allowed in a classroom to pollute the minds of young Chinese girls with my western feminist propaganda, did I not understand they are here working to sexually liberate Chinese women? And my feminist propaganda will only set the girls back? You couldn't make it up, lol! Sad thing is, most of them actually convinced themselves they're right!

I'm glad there are posters on here who show new teachers looking at this board that not every man who teaches in China does so because he's a sex tourist after an easy-ride.

That whole "sexually liberating vulnerable Chinese barely legal females in the developing world while hating Westernize Chinese women" mantra is complete bullshit. The sexpat-coterie likes to criticize others as "moralizing" and yet the preach their own brand of pseudo-sexual "liberation". Who is really being sexually liberated there? They are not honest enough to answer that question. They are themselves. They are now allowed to have sex with females much younger than they ever could in the West, including students. It's their own sexual liberation, a liberation from rejection in the West, that they are talking about. And yet they preach this as some sort of physical/psychological freeing of Chinese women. It's nothing of the kind, any more than sex-tourists liberated Cambodian children sexually in the past (actually, it's probably still going on but not available to any interested tourist anymore).

Further, Silverdoy's notion that all "women" over 20 should be having sex regularly is as offensive as saying that should be abstinent. It's there choice if they want to have sex or not, and how frequently. Nevertheless the men who were not able to find sexual fulfillment in the West would wish that all Chinese women over 20 were sexually active on a regular basis, AND had as their first choice of a sexual partner whichever worn out deviant middle-aged slouch of Western specimen was at hand, in which case said expats could milk their egos and themselves while time and a backwards social system still allowed them to.

That this is a debate at all is a travesty. Some 20 years ago when I was a graduate student, teachers were being fired for relations with students. Ah well. Dinosaurs can try to find their last vestige of antiquated patriarchy in the developing world, quick before ALL women are well enough off to see them for what they really are and they find, miraculously, they are no more popular with Chinese women in China than they are with Chinese women in the West, which is not popular at all.

Messages In This Thread
Re: moral dilemma? -- Clyde -- 2012-08-03
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: moral dilemma?

Go to another board -