TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Textbook Question RE: Canadian Spelling
Grover - 2012-08-08

I’m putting the finishing touches on a textbook, some aspects of which I’ve presented on at various English teaching conferences in North America. It's called Catalyst: A Conversation Taskbook for English Language Learners and I have a question about the use of Canadianized spellings. Though the book would probably be of equal utility to both British and North American instructors of English I’m wondering if I should Americanize the spellings to be consistent and cater to what is probably the bigger market [due to size, proximity and influence] or should I damn the torpedoes and stick with the Canadian hybrid even though doing so could have an unconscious but adverse impact on sales in both of these larger markets. The Canadian market is important but not critical from a purely economic POV.
Brian Grover
Speekeezy Publication Workshop
Truth or Dare for English Language Learners [Nominee: 2012 ELTon Award for Learning Resources]
-----------------
http://www.speekeezy.ca

Messages In This Thread
Textbook Question RE: Canadian Spelling -- Grover -- 2012-08-08
Re: Textbook Question RE: Canadian Spelling -- Contributor -- 2012-08-08
Re: Textbook Question RE: Canadian Spelling -- tianjindave -- 2012-08-08
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Textbook Question RE: Canadian Spelling

Go to another board -