TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Making the right career choices
tianjindave - 2012-08-15
In response to Re: Making the right career choices (foxy)

I will say one thing for private schools, you are as an FT unlikely to get drawn into a web of in-house sin as you could well do if you work in the universities. Maybe it's because I am pretty handy in the Mandarin department but I was always being invited to iffy gatherings by my bosses. This story has just emerged today, and it doesn't at all surprise me. The picture is not blue but you can see what they have been up and it's easy for an FT to get involved.

There is new development on the “Indecent Photo Gate”, which the top leader of Lujiang County, Anhui Province was rumored to be the one in the photo. These photos circulating the Internet had three men and two women fully naked in a hotel. Luijiang County made a announcement regarding the incident saying the photos have nothing to do with the county official, and they should be called “Photos of 3 Kunming couples partying in a hotel”.
(After investigation) Two involved persons, Wang Yu, Vice Secretary of the League in Hefei University, and his wife were expelled from the Party and fired of their official positions.
Journalists learned from Hefei University that at 12:30pm on August 10th, the university captured the indecent photos on the internet and started investigation immediately, and confirmed Wang Yu was among the involved parties. Wang Yu himself confessed that the other two men in the photos were not government leaders in Lujiang County and they did not know each other. The university immediately called a Party Committee meeting and decided to remove Wang’s office. The university also reported the decision to Hefei Municipal Party Committee and Discipline Check Committee, who started investigation and reached a conclusion at 11pm on the same day that the photos were taken in May 2007 when Wang Yu participated in licentious activities. The university held a Party Committee conference at 11:30pm on August 10th and decided to remove Wang’s party membership and official position. One of the females in the photos was Wang Yu’s wife, a middle school teacher in Hefei, and she was also expulsed from the Party and fired from her job.
On August 11th, the university held a meeting among middle-ranking officials to announce the decision and sent the notice to Wang Yu. The University held a University Check Committee meeting to strengthen thought and political education on officials and staffs, using this incidence as an example.
In addition, the rumor that, He, an official of the League in Hefei University, was involved in the scandal was found out to be untrue.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Making the right career choices -- foxy -- 2012-08-14
Re: Making the right career choices -- Dragonized -- 2012-08-14
Re: Making the right career choices -- tianjindave -- 2012-08-14
Re: Making the right career choices -- croydonboy -- 2012-08-15
Re: Making the right career choices -- Dragonized -- 2012-08-16
Re: Making the right career choices -- tianjindave -- 2012-08-15
Re: Making the right career choices -- tianjindave -- 2012-08-15
Re: Making the right career choices -- Moonstruck -- 2012-08-14
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Making the right career choices

Go to another board -