TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Making the right career choices
tianjindave - 2012-08-15
In response to Re: Making the right career choices (foxy)

It's the couple of teachers who post on this site, teachers qualified to teach in the West who really annoy me. For reasons best known to themselves- not good enough to get jobs in the West-personality problems- on the run from something-just honestly prefer to teach oral English and follow simple lesson plans. Now, they don't annoy me because for whatever reasons they have decided(or forced into) to downgrade and teach in China, but they do annoy me when they start spouting that the only way you should be allowed to teach in China is to have language degrees etceteras. Even in Private schools where they will give you lesson plans to teach business English, you get to see the lesson plans before you have to go into the glass cubicle to teach, so anything you don't know, any word you don't know the meaning of, you can soon look it up beforehand-it's not that difficult.. In middle schools it's the Chinese teachers who teach the grammar-it's not our business if they make a pig's ear of if. I certainly don't think it is my job to come to China and start interfering with Chinese teaching methods. However, their methods can't be too bad when you compare how many Chinese Middle school pupils can speak a second language against say how many British pupils are able to, even without the help of FT's.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Making the right career choices -- foxy -- 2012-08-14
Re: Making the right career choices -- Dragonized -- 2012-08-14
Re: Making the right career choices -- tianjindave -- 2012-08-14
Re: Making the right career choices -- croydonboy -- 2012-08-15
Re: Making the right career choices -- Dragonized -- 2012-08-16
Re: Making the right career choices -- tianjindave -- 2012-08-15
Re: Making the right career choices -- tianjindave -- 2012-08-15
Re: Making the right career choices -- Moonstruck -- 2012-08-14
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Making the right career choices

Go to another board -