TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Narrow Band in China, Firewall Problems and PC Errors
croydonboy - 2012-08-20

Finally, I've managed to get my laptop working well in China despite running the Chinese version of Windows 7. I've downloaded some free tools. They run very well in conjunction with each other. It has taken me 4 days to get my system working well. I'll settle for that, though I'm no computer expert!

Thanks for your post. May I suggest Linux Mint or Ubuntu, as most programs that are on windows have linux alternatives, it is an alternative to the spyware infested windows distros.

http://www.zdnet.com/windows-8-belongs-on-older-pcs-like-a-fish-needs-a-bicycle-7000002747/

Cheers,
CB

Messages In This Thread
Narrow Band in China, Firewall Problems and PC Errors -- foxy -- 2012-08-19
Re: Narrow Band in China, Firewall Problems and PC Errors -- John Austin (in Newfoundland) -- 2012-08-23
Re: Narrow Band in China, Firewall Problems and PC Errors -- San Migs -- 2012-08-23
Re: Narrow Band in China, Firewall Problems and PC Errors -- tianjindave -- 2012-08-23
Re: Narrow Band in China, Firewall Problems and PC Errors -- tianjindave -- 2012-08-20
Re: Narrow Band in China, Firewall Problems and PC Errors -- croydonboy -- 2012-08-20
Re: Narrow Band in China, Firewall Problems and PC Errors -- tianjindave -- 2012-08-20
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Narrow Band in China, Firewall Problems and PC Errors

Go to another board -