TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Narrow Band in China, Firewall Problems and PC Errors
tianjindave - 2012-08-22

I depend on a lot of expensive software running on Windows only.
Howe could U manage with Linux?
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No problem. For example, I use internetcalls.com, which you can only install on Windows; however, so I can use it on Linux I have simply installed the free Linphone, a VoIP application which enables me to use internetcalls.com and oddly enough it is clearer and more reliable than using it direcly on Windows(at no extra charge I should add.) Stuff like Skype, google earh, ever Chrome web browsers actually have their own Linux versions so you don't need a third party. Anything you use on Windows you can either use on Linux or find a free replacement for. This obviously puts you to a bit of trouble initially but it all depends how important you think your privacy and security is worth and you can have precious little confidence about that using WINDOZE>

Messages In This Thread
Re: Narrow Band in China, Firewall Problems and PC Errors -- tianjindave -- 2012-08-22
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Narrow Band in China, Firewall Problems and PC Errors

Go to another board -