TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: TEFLing in thailand
tianjindave - 2012-08-22

No, that position at Ocean Uni in Qingdao was not for teaching Oral English. It was a professor's position, with research and teaching. The other position was about teacher training - two things that suit my profile well and perfectly had it worked out.

I am not taking anybody's job unless you are a foreign professor with a PhD that key universities in China are sometimes after. Shortly before I departed for the USA in the beginning of July, there was another key university offering me such a position - for 9000 RMB a month with a minimal teaching load. But I have declined that job offer because I am simply fed up with China and all the dishonesty and bureaucracy there.

I will be moving to Nepal by the end of the month, it is much more relaxed, and it seems there are many opportunities for a person like me, and many things to do.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In that case, please accept my apologies. There's so many overqualified teachers in China, trying to muscle in on a hitherto welcome respite for higher diploma-challenged types, that one can become a bit trigger-happy.

Messages In This Thread
Re: TEFLing in thailand -- tianjindave -- 2012-08-22
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: TEFLing in thailand

Go to another board -