TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: AEUA INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY KUNMING
Kunming Part-Time Ren - 2012-09-18

I was just at the school on Monday looking around. It is a wonder that the Kunming authorities have not already shut it down. After reading the posts herein, I called the police and the Kunming Education Bureau for all concerned as I speak Chinese. I was assured wholeheartedly that there is an ongoing criminal investigation into the school and that the foreign teachers there will be arrested, prosecuted, and deported and that the school will be charged. The police were unusually forthcoming and they had heard all about the school from many sources. I will also call the Yunnan Province Education Ministry in addition to the city office that handles education locally.

I was also told that there are many problems with the school and that the government is checking on the complaints. I am planning on calling the price bureau here in Kunming tomorrow as well since I am certain the Kunming community would very much like to know that they are paying a king's wages for educational experiences that their offspring will never get at the school. I am also calling the media since I was tipped off by some students there that I spoke with about what is taking place at the school. When anyone comes into contact with such situations in China they have a duty to right the wrongs and certainly so when children are involved. I spoke with a few white faces at the nearby golf driving range that appeared to be watching the school for reasons unknown. They said they were concerned about what they were looking at there but they did not elaborate further. Their cars had embassy license plates. I assume they were with a nearby consulate or perhaps from Chengdu. Its not a school that will be in business much longer.

I agree with other posters. Avoid it.

Try Kunming No. 1, or the KIA if you want quality. They are both well-established. The AEUA is a bogus business by all accounts and their AIAKM school is obviously something other than advertised but it is certainly not a school. Any teachers found to be working there should also be brought up on charges in conjunction with the school above and beyond working illegally in China. If anyone needs phone numbers for specific police officers I spoke with etc., please post and I will post them here for follow-ups. There are serious child welfare issues there that need to be addressed.

Messages In This Thread
Re: AEUA INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY KUNMING -- Kunming Part-Time Ren -- 2012-09-18
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: AEUA INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY KUNMING

Go to another board -