TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › There are GOOD schools here! - ESL discussion
Yingwen Laoshi - 2005-06-16
In response to You should write a guide booklet - ESL discussion (Howard Zinn, Historian)

Hi Howard.

Please don't take my advice as gospel. These are MY TRUE experiences and it's the general way I personally go about things. I'm NOT an expert on China. There are plenty of FT's over here with far more experience and knowledge than me!

If you or anybody else, is thinking of coming to China to teach it would be a good idea to research from as many sources as you can. Dos referred you to his advice on contracts in China.

It's a good idea to check it out .I think it's more conclusive and detailed than mine. His Chinese is better than mine too. I checked with my Chinese girlfriend, and he was right about 'Yingyu Laoshi' being more correct than 'Yingwen Laoshi', although he slipped up a little himself( It's pinyin not pingyin ).

Don't be put of by all the negative posts regarding China. There are plenty of GOOD schools here too. China is a big country. Remember that most people who are having good experiences with their schools are so busy enjoying themselves that they can't be bothered with posting about it. Don't make a decision on China based on only one or two posts.

Yingwen

Messages In This Thread
Low wages/Let's wake up! - ESL discussion -- jinchafa -- 2005-06-12
Playing musical jobs wouldn't work well in Thailand - ESL discussion -- Ann-Toe-Knee -- 2005-06-15
Turnover can help solve this problem - ESL discussion -- Howard Zinn, Historian -- 2005-06-13
Why? Because... - ESL discussion -- Dos -- 2005-06-14
I'm a JOB HOPPER. And I'm proud of it. - ESL discussion -- SiamSap -- 2005-06-16
You're right, of course. Except....... - ESL discussion -- Howard Zinn -- 2005-06-14
Of course... - ESL discussion -- Dos -- 2005-06-14
Re:turnover - ESL discussion -- jinchafa -- 2005-06-13
Prevention is better than cure - ESL discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2005-06-13
You should write a guide booklet - ESL discussion -- Howard Zinn, Historian -- 2005-06-14
There are GOOD schools here! - ESL discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2005-06-16
Will do - ESL discussion -- Howard Zinn, Historian -- 2005-06-16
Been done... - ESL discussion -- Dos -- 2005-06-14
Nice Sticky, Dos - ESL discussion -- Howard Zinn, Historian -- 2005-06-16
Amen! - ESL discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2005-06-12
RE: amen - ESL discussion -- jinchafa -- 2005-06-13
Job Hoppers Unite - ESL discussion -- RhenoThai -- 2005-06-13
job hopping - ESL discussion -- jinchafa -- 2005-06-13
I hate being right all the time, though - ESL discussion -- RhenoThai -- 2005-06-14
wages - ESL discussion -- Ben -- 2005-06-12
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › There are GOOD schools here! - ESL discussion

Go to another board -