TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: guangzhou worlda education - Mary Yu
Disgruntled Ex Employee - 2012-10-19
In response to guangzhou worlda education (JOJO)

You [edited] scammers!

Worlda are a bunch of half-witted idiots running what shouldn't even be called a business into the ground. DO NOT WORK FOR THEM!

I have chosen to remain anonymous because my battles with Worlda have yet to be finished, but all I can do is warn anyone out there considering working in China to not work for this company. They are corrupt beyond description, and are laughably incompetent. They will make life a living nightmare for you and will do anything from cancelling your visa on you to refusing to pay you for the work you have done. The only good reviews they can scrounge up are the ones they write themselves (from their own email addresses...like c'mon guys, really?). They already know that all the teachers working for them know they wrote the reviews themselves, and yet they continue to make the same mistake over and over again? Worlda is INSANE.

They have changed their name 3 times in the past 4 or 5 years, and will probably be changing it again because of the lawsuit that is about to destroy their asses.

God forbid, if you do end up working for Worlda (or any company run by a woman named Mary Yu), get yourself some free legal advise from a lawyer. Ask your country's consulate to provide a list of local lawyers, which they will, and find someone who can inform you of your rights. That is what I had to do and these are some of them:

1. You have the right to walk away from any employment contract in your first three months of work (the official probation period under the law, which everyone is entitled to) WITHOUT penalty.
2. Since the contact Worlda offered you is, in part, illegal, it will likely not hold up in the court of law. As such, it is not binding. Don't be afraid of it.
3. It is completely and utterly illegal for Worlda to demand money from you for breaking a contract, except for a reasonable amount for training fees. If they insist on you paying training fees (as they will demand 5000), they MUST - by law - provide you with official receipts for actual costs they incurred during your training. If they cannot provide these to you (and they won't be able to, because they don't exist), you do not owe them shit.
4. You have the right to get a court order for your money if they refuse to give it to you

Please and I repeat PLEASE do not work for this god forsaken company. They will f[edited] you big time.

Messages In This Thread
guangzhou worlda education -- JOJO -- 2012-07-19
Re: guangzhou worlda education - Mary Yu -- Disgruntled Ex Employee -- 2012-10-19
Re: guangzhou worlda education - Mary Yu -- JoJo -- 2013-07-05
Re: guangzhou worlda education - Mary Yu -- John O'Shei -- 2013-07-06
Re: guangzhou worlda education - Mary Yu -- Jim -- 2013-07-05
Re: guangzhou worlda education -- Mr Bee Ware -- 2012-09-02
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: guangzhou worlda education - Mary Yu

Go to another board -