TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: EF - English First - Beijing
James Mcdougall - 2012-10-26
In response to Re: EF - English First - Beijing (englishgibson)

Hi Mr Gibson,

I do not think I am witchunting, as that will definitely not solve the problem. I doubt any of my posts have made anyone change their opinion on not working for EF, as I've seen many adverts of heavy recruitment at the moment, especially for EF Hangzhou. I just want to make sure people have the relevant information that was not available to me. So that they can make well informed decisions before taking up a position and being dubious as to what to expect from the situation. Not everything is cheers and beers in life and people know that. However, many people see going abroad as an escape and as something better. Sometimes it is, and sometimes it is not. The videos on Youtube, depict a highly inaccurate version of teaching life in EF, and I think that it's extremely important for people to realise the potential dark side, before they invest spending money on a flight there, which could be potentially lost down the toilet. I also know of many other instances, whereby people came to China, whereby they didn't have a clue what they were getting themselves into. They ended up getting arrested for something ridiculous and getting into a lot of trouble. Had they informed themselves appropriately, this would never have happened.

James, it's an informative post about an incompetent franchised operation; however, there are scores of such companies around. Witch hunting does not solve issues but provides power to some we may not want to deal with.

Cheers and beers to balanced views on the country with scores of abusive employers and producers of loads of low quality of goods and services

Messages In This Thread
EF - English First - Beijing -- James Mcdougall -- 2012-10-24
Re: EF - English First - Beijing -- englishgibson -- 2012-10-25
Re: EF - English First - Beijing -- James Mcdougall -- 2012-10-26
Re: EF - English First - Beijing -- englishgibson -- 2012-10-26
Re: EF - English First - Beijing -- Magister -- 2012-10-25
Re: EF - English First - Beijing -- James Mcdougall -- 2012-10-26
Re: EF - English First - Beijing -- Magister -- 2012-10-26
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: EF - English First - Beijing

Go to another board -