TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: EF Hangzhou Grades Corruption
foxy - 2012-10-29
In response to Re: EF Hangzhou Grades Corruption (Dragonized)

But most younger chinese people who made under 3,000 yuan I had met were always complaining about life in one way or another. The mindset of people there is to make more money no matter what the cost. The inequality of income in that place is horrid, and it's a sure hell for young folks with ideals and dreams.

I agree with that. But not everyone is a capitalist. i suppose it all depends on what you're looking for. I've asked other readers to suggest countries where you can earn the equivalent local buying power of 5,000 RMB for around 12 clock hours/week teaching EFL. Fact is, nobody can suggest anywhere else outside of mainland China! So, in this respect, China is the place to teach for those of us who are after a relatively well-paid sinecure.
Being a white natives speaker of English is a big plus for me in the job market here in China. Fairly recently I've met both Africans and Chinese-Americans on 50 RMB/40-minute class. They seem happy enough with that, but I wouldn't be. I'm looking for at least 67 RMB for such work, and I know that's just average pay. However, it's enough for me, provided that there is no stress imposed on me by my employer. That's why I'd never enter the private sector. I'd much rather work minimal hours for 5,000 a month than be under pressure for 10,000.

Messages In This Thread
Re: EF Hangzhou Grades Corruption -- realistic -- 2012-10-27
Re: EF Hangzhou Grades Corruption -- San Migs -- 2012-10-27
Re: EF Hangzhou Grades Corruption -- foxy -- 2012-10-28
Re: EF Hangzhou Grades Corruption -- Dragonized -- 2012-10-28
Re: EF Hangzhou Grades Corruption -- foxy -- 2012-10-29
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: EF Hangzhou Grades Corruption

Go to another board -