TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Power struggle and power structure
San Migs - 2012-11-11
In response to Re: Power struggle and power structure (Magister)

As our economies developed so did our societies and ways of thinking and we hope that they will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. China has made rapid economic progress but has not been able until now to make certain changes in it's society to improve some of the areas you mentioned.

Well said, I talked with some chinese people, even some of those from Hong Kong, and none of them could understand the london olympics opening ceremony.

I tried to explain it showed that along with industrial revolution, also came with it revolution of the workers, women, and eventually people from other countries, into the post colonial multicultural britain of today. It speaks volumes they still have signs up on the HK mtr reminding people not to be racist and discriminate against someone because they wear a turban or skullcap. Granted there is racism in western countries too, but as you say, along with economic progress, came development and englightenment in other areas, something which China with it's hive mind mentality has yet to experience alas.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Power struggle and power structure -- Magister -- 2012-11-09
Re: Power struggle and power structure -- Dragonized -- 2012-11-10
Re: Power struggle and power structure -- Magister -- 2012-11-11
Re: Power struggle and power structure -- Dragonized -- 2012-11-11
Re: Power struggle and power structure -- Magister -- 2012-11-13
Re: Power struggle and power structure -- San Migs -- 2012-11-12
Re: Power struggle and power structure -- juanisaac -- 2012-11-13
Re: Power struggle and power structure -- I agree -- 2012-11-11
Re: Power struggle and power structure -- San Migs -- 2012-11-11
Re: Power struggle and power structure -- San Migs -- 2012-11-10
Re: Power struggle and power structure; more on Confucianism -- Dragonized -- 2012-11-10
Re: Power struggle and power structure; more on Confucianism -- San Migs -- 2012-11-10
Re: Power struggle and power structure -- Flora -- 2012-11-10
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Power struggle and power structure

Go to another board -