TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: BBC article: Neil Heywood, Briton killed in China 'had spy links'
juanisaac - 2012-11-13

Ain't this ever the truth. I try to explain to my ex-pat friends that if it is not o.k. in our countries, why is it ok here? The adage T.I.C. does not cut with me. If the Chinese like to poison each other to save a buck, why should I? If I am not a skirt chaser at home, why would I become one here? Just because I can does not mean I should.
I've met way to many who go through a Kafkaesque metamorphosis once here. Of course some people are bad apples at home and here, and some continue to be themselves in all the good and bad.
I strive to keep an even keel as I try to remember who I am. Ghandi has a saying "Be the change you want to see." China has a myriad of problems and I complain about them all the time. Well, if I want China to change I must be that change first. I do not leave my ethics at Pudong Airport every time I check in. Good post Sir!

View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: BBC article: Neil Heywood, Briton killed in China 'had spy links'

Go to another board -