TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › In a bad situation
Simon - 2012-11-20

Dear fellow teachers:

I am in a very bad situation and would really like to hear your comments concerning this issue.

To make a LONG story short, I was hired by a school who provided me with all the necessary paper work to go to China and teach ESL.

I was provided a working permit and a letter of invitation by the school. The problem is, having been at this school for some time now (almost 3 months), they never bothered to issue me a residence permit within the 30 day time frame required by Chinese law. I am constantly being told not to worry and to "trust them." Which I did, until they finally realized the tragedy of the situation and that they are required to pay a HUGE overstay fine for over a month of me being here illegally. They keep telling me that they are still issuing me a residence permit, however I don't think that is possible considering the time limit has expired. I ask them WHEN will I receive my working permit and they only and always respond in "soon." I don't want to storm into this place causing a scene angry and yelling at everyone (because now I am at their mercy for paying this fine and providing me with a proper visa), but I am so frustrated and am losing sleep at night over this issue.

The owners of the school are very rich I guess figure they have this place feeding from the palms of their hands, dunno.

They've placed me in this horrible situation that now could affect my future visits, or even future employment in China.

I really require this residence permit as I have jumped through hoops and paid a lot of money for my health checks, etc.

What should I do? Any insight, thoughts would be very appreciated.

Regards.
Simon

Messages In This Thread
In a bad situation -- Simon -- 2012-11-20
Re: In a bad situation -- pONY tONY -- 2012-11-20
Re: In a bad situation -- foxy -- 2012-11-21
Re: In a bad situation -- San Migs -- 2012-11-21
Re: In a bad situation -- San Migs -- 2012-11-20