TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Xuzhou Middle school calculated rip-off!
juanisaac - 2012-11-22

For a middle school in Jiangsu your salary is about right. I teach just south of you at another middle school for 5,800 yuan a month. I teach 11 classes. If you do the math you earn more per class than I do. You were hired to teach a class, not get a salary per student. If you have a t.a. lucky you, because I don't have one.

If this is your first time teaching middle school in China, let me tell you that you are not so much a teacher but a speaking coach. The first month or so your students will be very much excited and participate in class. As you keep going more and more will lose interest and draw, read books, play card games, and such in class if you let them.

My only rule in class is this: English or homework. They can choose one the aformentioned but nothing else is allowed. Grade two students are worse than grade one students because some will act like jerks. Good luck, you will need it.

You can supplement your income with tutoring and working at other schools, I do and double my income every month.

Messages In This Thread
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Xuzhou Middle school calculated rip-off!

Go to another board -