TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Teaching English with your husband and baby?
Mancunian - 2012-12-22

Thanks Manchurian for your thoughts.
No, its not that I would necessarily "use" the fact that I have a toddler as a selling point to get a job, I just wondered how common it is for couples with little toddlers to do this kind of thing.

Fox, I have no idea what you are referring to in your short post. What are you diametrically opposed to? Can you elaborate?

I want our daughter to be exposed to a completely different culture at an early age in a society where one doesn't have to worry about some crazy gunman to storm into the classroom and shoot as I can just imagine what is probably going to result with the aftermath of the recent tragedy in the US.
Even though we are in Canada, I see that many schools and parents have really become more and more "helicopter" supervisors than when I was growing up.
Japan or Korea would probably be ideal for us, but then learning Mandarin in China would also be hugely advantageous for the future as French is certainly not going to be as necessary as a second language anymore

As I said, my dear, I can only talk about China. You won't have any problems in China. I recently worked in an English Centre alongside a black American lady(a genuine American, not one who merely claimed she was from that country) and she had a babe in arms; she was made very welcome, and they even found her a babysitter. Sadly in her case, not having a partner, made life too difficult for her, but when she left it was all amicable.

So you are Canadian; does that mean you have another string to your bow? I've known the odd FT teaching French and English in China. Have a Gay Christmas, and do it.

Messages In This Thread
Teaching English with your husband and baby? -- Shayna -- 2012-12-21
Re: Teaching English with your husband and baby? -- Mancunian -- 2012-12-21
Re: Teaching English with your husband and baby? -- foxy -- 2012-12-21
Re: Teaching English with your husband and baby? -- Mancunian -- 2012-12-21
Re: Teaching English with your husband and baby? -- foxy -- 2012-12-22
Re: Teaching English with your husband and baby? -- Mancunian -- 2012-12-22
Re: Teaching English with your husband and baby? -- Shayna -- 2012-12-21
Re: Teaching English with your husband and baby? -- Mancunian -- 2012-12-22
Re: Teaching English with your husband and baby? -- foxy -- 2012-12-23
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Teaching English with your husband and baby?

Go to another board -