TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: No, not quite the bottom
Dragonized - 2012-12-31
In response to No, not quite the bottom (ASTF)

And you can talk all day like you have a right to believe you're being "objective" with your comparisons. I have had a hard time getting a steady job since I have been back to the USA. Unlike you I though I don't think my own opinion is the end of all that is, and despite the harsh reality of being home and being on the verge of applying for food stamps I still appreciate that fact that I have not gone insane due to being around real friends and being in a more cultured environment. You are just trying to justify running away from your problems and projecting your own helplessness onto society. I can take the punishment that life throws at me no matter where I go and still keep my spirits up while seeing the big picture, unlike you which probably comes down to a character thing.

I will bet the house that in china you are more likely to get your wallet stolen, your property damaged, and live a shorter life due to the filthy environment. The news links you have posted is old news and you are only exposing your own helplessness by posting them. I find it ironic these days that white folks in western countries want to run off to where their rich brethren invested (follow the money, in other words) while newer immigrants from 3rd world countries adopt the traditions, culture, and values of their respective adopted countries and yet you still want to keep that part of your western identity (the ugly part) of "me first". This goes back to the point I made in some earlier posts on how China's "culture" may not have always been chinese.

There is only a select few group of people who are in control of things in the world of money, and they could not be any happier with the world filled with imbeciles like you who hate their own country as well as their own brethren. I worked for example in Saudi Arabia and the people there showed more genuine kindness than the folks I met in china. That will not take away how I feel about their culture and many of their vices. I could work in a place like china for 10 years and it still wouldn't change my opinion, that's because I have also worked in other developing countries as well and I have spoken in extensive length with the local folks. I know how to think critically and use comparing and contrasting. That includes my own experiences as well as the experiences of societies in general. You obviously don't have that.

If you can read and write chinese as well as knowing how to input chinese then go on google and baidu.com and search for news in china about old people falling down and nobody helping them. I read on some chinese news that in some parts of shanghai that old people in ill health will purposefully hang around expat heavy populations so if they have an accident there will be people around to give them a hand. You're not chinese so you don't have to worry about trivial things such as not trusting your own people to help you. Of course, I doubt you ever want to be chinese when the game is so rigged in your favor.

Expats who are spoiled rotten and feel so entitled like you should not be trusted! I would take a grain of salt for every expat who wants to defend a country that practiced ritual physical mutilation of their women for over 1,000 years with the feet as suddenly being better and equal to any western country after a mere few dozen years of development!

Messages In This Thread
Re: Teaching English with your husband and baby? -- Mancunian -- 2012-12-29
Re: That makes everyone equal?! REALLY? -- Dragonized -- 2012-12-29
No, not quite the bottom -- ASTF -- 2012-12-30
Re: No, not quite the bottom -- Dragonized -- 2012-12-31
Re: No, not quite the bottom -- ASTF -- 2013-01-01
Re: No, not quite the bottom -- Dragonized -- 2013-01-01
Re: No, not quite the bottom -- Dragonized -- 2012-12-31
Re: No, not quite the bottom -- ASTF -- 2013-01-01
Re: No, not quite the bottom -- San Migs -- 2013-01-01
Re: No, not quite the bottom -- ASTF -- 2013-01-02
Re: No, not quite the bottom -- San Migs -- 2013-01-02