TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Congratulations on being Chinese...well not quite
Dragonized - 2013-01-03
In response to Re: No, not quite the bottom (ASTF)

As adults, we can stay consistent with our beliefs and give some people a benefit of the doubt. You read too much into a few things I was saying and ignored completely some of the other things I stated probably due to a lack of life experience. You are merely arguing with me at this point to prove that you were in fact right all along and I was always in the wrong. That alone shows how "mature" you are.

You will never admit to being wrong on anything because you can't prove to anyone in real life how valuable your opinion is. You need a whole foreign country to watch your back so you can feel like you're "part of the gang".

I admitted I was wrong about assuming china to be a good place to live and work in the long term several times in the past. I made sure to list reasons without justifying the need to personally attack people. I have enough confidence in myself to make judgements and I am not afraid to disagree with someone especially on an anonymous discussion board why my beliefs are what they are. You obviously feel threatened enough to respond, which shows you even doubt a part of what you believe in about china and you're merely covering up by endlessly attacking my character and labeling me a China Hater. I will tell you hands down I have read more Chinese books in my life than you have read English books most likely. I also know what the present Paradigm of Thinking in modern China is like and it isn't compatible with my set of beliefs, and I hope I don't change for China.

The fact that you have never acknowledged being able to overcome a bad experience while working in China and still had the faith to stick it out there tells me you really have no other place to go. This false confidence you bring to the table isn't fooling me. Go back to the drawing board. Or how about taking a step back and reading more reviews and articles on different ESL Forums and learning actually how to empathize (really, I mean) before you can say you made a fair comparison. I know a guy 6 years back who wouldn't want to hear any criticism about China because he was raised to believe otherwise, and he was naive enough to sign on to a private training center as his first gig and learned all about having his salary stolen, dealing with an alcoholic Director of Studies, and sharing a filthy apartment with a fellow expat and his Chinese girlfriend. Real life teaches you what's worth keeping and what's not. I can tell you that this man would've jumped out of his skin if I talked to him like this regarding China back before he started his first job there. Now after working at different places in China HE is the one posting warnings on discussion boards sharing his personal experiences as well as cautioning people to think twice before going to China. I trust his word since he has also worked in other countries teaching ESL.

This will probably the last time I will talk to you in a reasonable manner. If you cannot reciprocate in kind you might as well hold down that shift key and put your left pinkie on the 1 key since I will talk to you more on your level. But maybe that's why you're here in the first place. Too many people forget how to speak sensibly after living abroad for so long, which is why you have these back and forths in the first place.

Messages In This Thread
Re: No, not quite the bottom -- ASTF -- 2013-01-01
Re: No, not quite the bottom -- Dragonized -- 2013-01-01
Re: No, not quite the bottom -- ASTF -- 2013-01-02
Re: No, not quite the bottom -- Dragonized -- 2013-01-02
Re: No, not quite the bottom -- ASTF -- 2013-01-02
Re: Congratulations on being Chinese...well not quite -- Dragonized -- 2013-01-03
Is that subject title supposed to be an insult? -- ASTF -- 2013-01-03
Re: Win-Win in China?? Ha! -- Dragonized -- 2013-01-03
Re: Is that subject title supposed to be an insult? -- San Migs -- 2013-01-03
Re: Is that subject title supposed to be an insult? -- ASTF -- 2013-01-04
Re: Is that subject title supposed to be an insult? -- San Migs -- 2013-01-04
Re: Is that subject title supposed to be an insult? -- Dragonized -- 2013-01-05
Re: Is that subject title supposed to be an insult? -- San Migs -- 2013-01-05
Re: Is that subject title supposed to be an insult? -- ASTF -- 2013-01-04
Re: Is that subject title supposed to be an insult? -- The Exposer -- 2013-01-07
Re: Is that subject title supposed to be an insult? -- Dragonized -- 2013-02-14
Re: Is that subject title supposed to be an insult? -- San Migs -- 2013-01-07
Re: Is that subject title supposed to be an insult? -- Mighty Sword Ole 69 -- 2013-01-22
Re: Is that subject title supposed to be an insult? -- Mancunian -- 2013-01-07
Re: Is that subject title supposed to be an insult? -- Dragonized -- 2013-01-07
Re: Is that subject title supposed to be an insult? -- Dragonized -- 2013-01-07
Re: Is that subject title supposed to be an insult? -- ASTF -- 2013-01-11
Re: Is that subject title supposed to be an insult? -- Dragonized -- 2013-01-11
Re: Is that subject title supposed to be an insult? -- Mancunian -- 2013-01-07
Re: No, not quite the bottom -- Mancunian -- 2013-01-02
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Congratulations on being Chinese...well not quite

Go to another board -