TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › QQIntl.exe on Linux tutorial.
Mancunian - 2013-02-21

Here is a mini-tutorial I have just written for a Linux Forum. I know some FT's use Linux; they may very well be Sniggering Hyenas rather than the more enlightened Groveling Weasels, but eh chaps, we are all enlightened in the respect that we use Linux. I made a point of warning that it could be risky..but what the hell, Linux is free ;just make sure you back up your pics and stuff-though only a small risk. You can copy and paste the command lines

by dumplings
Right, this is how you can do it, if your particular computer is compliant- I myself have installed(during the past week) QQIntl1.5 on 3 x32bit Mint 13 machines- it's happy on two of those but keeps crashing on the third. I say it's happy, it is for live messaging, and sending and receiving files without crashing-don't know about Video calls. Right ,do this in terminal;-

1. sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
2. sudo apt-get update
3. sudo apt-get install wine

Now you have installed wine(the full monty) click on winetricks in apps and install .riched20 and IE7. If asked, do not allow Internet Explorer to update or allow it to be the default. If IE7 does not do the trick you can uninstall it by going through all the hidden files in Home and delete any reference to IE7. If you just ask Linux to uninstall,it won't do a proper job, it will leave troublesome little files around, which will cause you trouble. Then try IE8. One of my machines, I find IE8 is compatible and the other IE7- no rhyme nor reason!

Now install QQIntl1.5(with windows programme loader-right click and you will see it)

When you come to sign into QQ, click the top little window and put your username in-but for the bottom line do not click inside that window or QQ will crash-rather click on the QQ keyboard next to window,-and that's the way you put your password in.

The good news is, is it's all in English and I find it very stable.

Be warned, this is not without risk, and it could be if you are unlucky, you will need to reinstall Linux.

Messages In This Thread
QQIntl.exe on Linux tutorial. -- Mancunian -- 2013-02-21
Re: QQIntl.exe on Linux tutorial. -- San Migs -- 2013-02-21
Re: QQIntl.exe on Linux tutorial. -- Mancunian -- 2013-02-21
Re: QQIntl.exe on Linux tutorial. -- Dragonized -- 2013-02-22
Re: QQIntl.exe on Linux tutorial. -- Mancunian -- 2013-02-22
Re: QQIntl.exe on Linux tutorial. -- San Migs -- 2013-02-23
Re: QQIntl.exe on Linux tutorial. -- Dragonized -- 2013-02-24
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › QQIntl.exe on Linux tutorial.

Go to another board -