TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: QQIntl.exe on Linux tutorial.
Mancunian - 2013-02-22
In response to Re: QQIntl.exe on Linux tutorial. (Dragonized)

Tencent is something I would install if I had a spare computer which didn't contain any important information and/or documents. A backdoor for spyware and viruses is what this software is. Ad-aware won't even work properly if I have Tencent stuff installed as scanning things can bring about a freezing of the computer. Unwelcome extra amounts of malware will show up on the scan results if you install things like this.

I read a remark on a Linux forum which rang very true "You shouldn't have QQ installed on your PC unless you have Linux"(mind you he blurted that one out without knowing how to achieve it) I don't even have anti-virus programme installed, and all seasoned Linux users are the same- these computer viruses cannot affect Linux.

The thing is this, Dragonised; if you are an FT in China, it's a big advantage to use QQ; and I am talking about chatting up the gals. But you are right, it can destroy your Windows, and can be a big security risk...but not if you use Linux. Have you ever thought of dual-booting your Windows with Linux? It is very safe installing Linux Mint or Ubuntu on a Windows computer-you will not lose your Windows. Furthemore if you use a certain QQ in Mandarin (Longene QQ) it is risk-free and you soon learn where things are- but of course you know Hanzi, so no problem for you. QQIntl.exe on Linux comes with a small risk of a cock-up upon installation.

By the way, I am not an undercover agent for evil Chinese outfits as you suggested in another post..hahaha.

Messages In This Thread
QQIntl.exe on Linux tutorial. -- Mancunian -- 2013-02-21
Re: QQIntl.exe on Linux tutorial. -- San Migs -- 2013-02-21
Re: QQIntl.exe on Linux tutorial. -- Mancunian -- 2013-02-21
Re: QQIntl.exe on Linux tutorial. -- Dragonized -- 2013-02-22
Re: QQIntl.exe on Linux tutorial. -- Mancunian -- 2013-02-22
Re: QQIntl.exe on Linux tutorial. -- San Migs -- 2013-02-23
Re: QQIntl.exe on Linux tutorial. -- Dragonized -- 2013-02-24
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: QQIntl.exe on Linux tutorial.

Go to another board -