TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Give it a rest, please, Mancunian, would you, please?
Mancunian - 2013-02-28

Hi, Mancunian -

I respect the fact that you have another opinion regarding ESL in China that different from Dragonized's and mine. Each of us has stated it clearly, and it is to see that for the discerning reader to make up his/her own mind. Apart from the fact that all of us are individual human beings and thus different from each other, we still can try to be friendly to each other and make sure that we do not hurt other people's feelings. Also, it does not make much sense if the same statements - that of Dragonized's and yours - are being repeated all over again. It is getting boring, so let us move on to other topics...

Although I personally must highly disagree with what you are saying re visas, the way to deal with employer problems in China and all that - I feel that the tone in your posts is well that of a person who accepts differing opinions from your own and that you do not take yourself too seriously (unlike some other posters). I like that approach, and it is similar to mine. It is for that reason that I have replied to your posts in the way I have done so far.

The problem in the communication between you and the Dragonized poster on here seems to be one that your approach (as I have described it above) does not come across to the Dragonized poster for one reason or the other. I therefore suggest you give it a rest - please bear in mind that grovelling weasels (as you call yourself) and Sniggering hyenas (that is what you might call "us"...hahaha) should stick to the issue instead of becoming personal. Dragonized's posts are very "personal" in this respect, and if you see that you make him feel upset, then just do not reply, people at our age of 60+ are old enough to be a bit more relaxed. Also, remember that the internet is an anonymous and faceless medium and that sometimes things do not come across in the way as they perhaps should and that if you met the person behind a post, things might look quite differently.

Have a nice day!

Hello Turnoi
With respect, I anticipated Dragonise's 'taking kindness as a weakness' bit of mumbo-jumbo was a putting-pressure-on-for-support tactic.Ha haha- why does he take everything so personally? Anyway, I didn't notice much of a kindly we-are-all-on-the-forum-together respectful attitude shown towards ATSA(something like that)Poster, who was ruthlessly driven off of the site recently. I returned earlier than planned actually to give support and try and stop him from being torn apart-sadly too late, he has gorn. It'll all come out in the wash I dare say, Turnoi.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Give it a rest, please, Mancunian, would you, please? -- Mancunian -- 2013-02-28
Re: We can make peace -- Dragonized -- 2013-03-01
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Give it a rest, please, Mancunian, would you, please?

Go to another board -