TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: ESL sure attract strange bedfellows!
Beelzebub - 2013-03-25

Money-grabbing language mills like those awful training centres, full of deceit, cheat and lies as their principal business model, are waste of time for every decent teacher.

Wnat is a decent teacher? - A fully qualified and mature person, with a degree in a relevant language-related subject matter + recognized teacher training (not one of those 4-week crash TEFL/CELTA courses).

Those "teachers" who do not meet the requirements normally end up at those funny training centres operated by Chinese clowns as owners.

Not to mention the poor "students" who are deprived of decent education with a lot of money taken from them or their parents. Any idiot operates can operate one of these shitty businesses these days.

What may be "good" (escaping from lifeless corpses, as you say) for you does not necessarily mean it would be good for others. Get a life and accept that defending these crap places is determined by your self-serving attitude - if these shitty places did not exist in the first place, you still would be there where you had been before and could not call yourself a "teacher"...hahaha.

Nothing personal, just a general observation.

You could be right to call them money-grabbing but that is all right by me because unlike my previous Western Employers who used to squeeze every penny out of the loved ones of the Dearly Departed, these current money-grabbers actually pass on to me a decent wedge of their ill-gotten gains by way of 12000 RMB plus a flat; so, what do I care?

Looking through the posts it seems to me that those that work for state schools and university like to complain. I looked at a picture posted earlier on of a nice stream with maybe a few bits of paper in it, and the poster was claiming it had sewage in it! I understand that all decent and refined teachers would baulk at getting human feces anywhere about their person but why exagerate litter into sewage. I am glad to say that all foreign teachers working in training centres seem to be of a higher calibre.

Messages In This Thread
Re: ESL sure attract strange bedfellows! -- Beelzebub -- 2013-03-25
Re: ESL sure attract strange bedfellows! -- San Migs -- 2013-03-29
Re: ESL sure attract strange bedfellows! -- Beelzebub -- 2013-03-29
Re: ESL sure attract strange bedfellows! -- juanisaac -- 2013-03-26
Re: ESL sure attract strange bedfellows! -- Beelzebub -- 2013-03-26
Re: ESL sure attract strange bedfellows! -- John O'Shei -- 2013-03-26
Re: ESL sure attract strange bedfellows! -- Dragonized -- 2013-03-26
Re: ESL sure attract strange bedfellows! -- John O'Shei -- 2013-03-26
Re: ESL sure attract strange bedfellows! -- San Migs -- 2013-03-29
Re: ESL sure attract strange bedfellows! -- Dragonized -- 2013-03-26
Re: ESL sure attract strange bedfellows! -- Shaggie -- 2013-03-30
Re: ESL sure attract strange bedfellows! -- Beelzebub -- 2013-03-30
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: ESL sure attract strange bedfellows!

Go to another board -