TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: A good TA will make you lazier and safer at work!
foxy - 2013-05-06

Please don't be grateful to the Chinese, they don't deserve it, and working at a training centre is not a good job, you are totally delusional if you think it is.

Agreed! As you know, Silverboy, there are some foreigners here who are too easily impressed. They pay too much creedence to their employment package in terms of its monetary value compared to the very cheap cost of living here.

If expats are making significantly better than average money here teaching, you can bet your bottom (Aussie) dollar that their directors are making far far more as a result of having employed those people-pleaser expats. That's why I am very selective about what I have to do at my workplace to make my money. I'd rather make a low salary with lots of free time and NO marking of students' work nor having to construct tests/exams, which of course would need to be marked subsequently. Money ain't everything in the eyes of some people. Time = money, and free time is also important, as is being virtually unaccountable re what one has taught in a Chinese classroom. The bottom line is some EFL jobs here are money for old rope compared to real teaching in the west - no accountability, etc.

Messages In This Thread
Re: A good TA will make you lazier and safer at work! -- foxy -- 2013-05-06
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: A good TA will make you lazier and safer at work!

Go to another board -