TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: where do you learn your ethics? bro
MikeK - 2013-06-17
In response to Re: where do you learn your ethics? bro (Sun T.)

Thailand is way too poor and working conditions for foreigner teachers are no good.
Traditionally Thai women are raised by their families to marry a man with money and help support them (parents, siblings and own children).

I was teaching in Thailand for quite a while, it is poor in places in fact very poor in places and indeed some but not all working conditions for teachers are pretty grim. But then working conditions are reliant on qualifications and whether or not the back-packer-teacher graduated in Khao San Road.

I found the people to be some of the nicest I have ever met and students who were motivated without being greedy like a lot of the Chinese I met. Of course there were a little Emperors, pushy parents. Worst bits were the Thai complete lack of regard for keeping to time and paying for tuition.

And to be honest at no time did I feel the need to insert anything into a student.. It didn't strike me as part of the teacher-student ethic.

I did of course oblige a g/f or two - one works for the Thai Cops and other works in the Malaysian Cops........... Nuff said..

Messages In This Thread
Re: where do you learn your ethics? bro -- Binnyman -- 2013-06-17
Re: where do you learn your ethics? bro -- MikeK -- 2013-06-17
Re: where do you learn your ethics? bro -- Sun T. -- 2013-06-17
Re: where do you learn your ethics? bro -- MikeK -- 2013-06-17
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: where do you learn your ethics? bro

Go to another board -